6 Weeks after our graduation rites and still no work, well almost? I tried to apply five days before our graduation rites held on March 23, 2013. I was with my girl at the time and come to think of it, applying was not that hard at all. Some of you would say "pathetic", "ignorant" or even "noob" but looking for a job is a first for me and I never knew it would that be easy. Pushing myself to go forward and to push myself to my own emotional and physical limits was really a breeze, I guess it's only me who was holding myself back from the very beginning. I blame myself for fearing what was not yet existent or was not about to happen. It was an idiotic sympathy to my old fears of failure and expectations and I guess it's my fault too for bringing them here, "in the now"...
I fear because it's a very good instinct, fear keeps you intact, fear keeps you safe but only the frailty pulse of it. I feared too much that I can't do what is expected of me, fearing that I couldn't deliver but hell to that fear. Sometimes you have to push yourself from a building to realize that something will break your fall just before you hit the ground. Sometimes you have to the risk to stop the anxiety of not knowing what will happen. Take my advice, if ever you guys are reading this blog and if you're the kind of person that fears a lot in any circumstances such as life, job, family and basically pretty much everything. Try to know the word "risk" and I'm telling you, it works. Real damn well. It's better to try than never even trying at all.
But this wasn't possible if it weren't for #1 God (yes I know some of you or even most of you don't believe in Him or even probably laugh at the fact). I hear a little voice, a soft warmth in the air and even that gentle pat from nowhere that says "Go!" and I don't even know where I took my courage from but I guess, that little voice, that warmth and that pat and push was from Him. I can't explain how but I mustered the confidence and courage to apply for work amidst the fear, He was there. #2 My dad, yup you guys would say parents are parents and they nag you all the time to do things you don't want but don't blame them, they just want what's best from you. My dad, is an MD and he's the person I look up to all the time. I keep asking myself if I could be as good as him, he's got a lot of achievements in his life and I'm just starting to get my first one and that's getting a job but from his constant nagging, he's pushy, "don't look at me when you go down with your life" sermons and well... those "you shouldn't be doing that, you should be working already!" nagging, I guess they helped in my personal development. So Dad, thank you very much! and last but not the least, My girl. She is the person who even pushed me further, she's the one who accompanied me in all my recent and past endeavors. She helped me thru tight holes and she was there when I needed her the most. She brings out the best in me and I couldn't thank her enough for being with me eventhough I have a lot of flaws or even idiotic moves, she was there. I hope someday, I would pay her back, I don't know how but I hope I would. Baby, when you get to read this I just wanna say I love you and thank you very much for everything!
Now all I have to do is wait and wait until a call from the firms I applied to gives a call, until then and thanks for reading! Ciao!
I fear because it's a very good instinct, fear keeps you intact, fear keeps you safe but only the frailty pulse of it. I feared too much that I can't do what is expected of me, fearing that I couldn't deliver but hell to that fear. Sometimes you have to push yourself from a building to realize that something will break your fall just before you hit the ground. Sometimes you have to the risk to stop the anxiety of not knowing what will happen. Take my advice, if ever you guys are reading this blog and if you're the kind of person that fears a lot in any circumstances such as life, job, family and basically pretty much everything. Try to know the word "risk" and I'm telling you, it works. Real damn well. It's better to try than never even trying at all.
But this wasn't possible if it weren't for #1 God (yes I know some of you or even most of you don't believe in Him or even probably laugh at the fact). I hear a little voice, a soft warmth in the air and even that gentle pat from nowhere that says "Go!" and I don't even know where I took my courage from but I guess, that little voice, that warmth and that pat and push was from Him. I can't explain how but I mustered the confidence and courage to apply for work amidst the fear, He was there. #2 My dad, yup you guys would say parents are parents and they nag you all the time to do things you don't want but don't blame them, they just want what's best from you. My dad, is an MD and he's the person I look up to all the time. I keep asking myself if I could be as good as him, he's got a lot of achievements in his life and I'm just starting to get my first one and that's getting a job but from his constant nagging, he's pushy, "don't look at me when you go down with your life" sermons and well... those "you shouldn't be doing that, you should be working already!" nagging, I guess they helped in my personal development. So Dad, thank you very much! and last but not the least, My girl. She is the person who even pushed me further, she's the one who accompanied me in all my recent and past endeavors. She helped me thru tight holes and she was there when I needed her the most. She brings out the best in me and I couldn't thank her enough for being with me eventhough I have a lot of flaws or even idiotic moves, she was there. I hope someday, I would pay her back, I don't know how but I hope I would. Baby, when you get to read this I just wanna say I love you and thank you very much for everything!
Now all I have to do is wait and wait until a call from the firms I applied to gives a call, until then and thanks for reading! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment